You are the union!
Members create the power that makes our union strong. Want to become a member? Fill out the LCCEF Membership Form (below) and send it via intra-campus mail to Claudia Riumallo; dues amounts are listed on the back of the LCCEF Membership Form.
What are the rights and responsibilities of being a member?
• Membership demonstrates power in contract negotiations. The more members the union has, the better we will do at the bargaining table.
• Membership demonstrates power to elected officials. The more members we have, the more we can do to protect public education.
• Members have the right to vote in union elections for elected positions, union business, and contract ratification.
• Members set priorities for contract negotiations.
• Members can fill the union elected positions from union President to Standing Committees.
• Membership means that you are part of the labor movement to ensure the promise of fair opportunities for all.
• Members are eligible for AFT benefits including discounts on insurance, travel, and phone plans.