Well, Election Day is well past, and while we try to all keep breathing while the vote-by-mail count goes on for President of the United States and Senate/House membership, I just wanted to fill you in on races where LCCEF or the AFL-CIO Labor Chapter endorsed candidates. LCCEF did not endorse in every race, only those where a candidate or their campaign reached out to us. We made our choices after carefully reviewing each candidate and their opponent for their support of issues such as labor/unions, education, students, housing, and healthcare, which all impact our members and those we serve.
LCCEF Endorsed Candidates:
- Peter DeFazio, US House Representative – Won
- Shemia Fagan, Oregon Secretary of State – Won
- Marty Wilde, Oregon State Representative – Won
- Laurie Treiger, Lane County Commissioner, South Eugene seat – Won.
- This was a race between two excellent candidates Laurie and Joel Iboa. Both LCCEF and LCCEA endorsed both of them. Laurie has a lot of experience to bring to the Lane County Commission and has a strong focus on resolving issues of homelessness and housing in general and public health and education concerns in Lane County. She will be the first woman elected to the South Eugene seat on the Commission.
- Jo Beaudreau, Mayor of Florence – Lost
- Jo Beaudreau lost to incumbent Joe Henry, but by only 125 votes, a difference of 2.2% of the total votes cast. A very good race! Jo has said she will be seeking a recently vacant seat on the Florence City Council, to serve in that capacity.
All Lane County Results:
Here is a complete list of all Lane County results:
As always, your involvement in your governance begins with voting! So, if you participated in this election by doing so, thank you! There are so many other ways to impact governance, so reach out to those who were elected if you have ideas, needs, concerns, or wish to get involved. And, if they were endorsed by LCCEF, be sure to mention that you are a member!