Proposal for Replacement College Closure Days
The Executive Council proposed six potential dates to Marge and the Executive Cabinet to reschedule the College Closure days lost to furloughs. This is currently just a proposal and only five (at most) of these dates will be approved. The dates we requested were:
- Wednesday, November 25, 2020 (instruction day; may not be approved for that reason)
- Tuesday, December 22, 2020
- Wednesday, December 23, 2020
- Tuesday, December 29, 2020
- Wednesday, December 30, 2020
- Thursday, December 31, 2020
The most likely outcome is that the five December dates will be accepted and the College will be closed from Tuesday, December 22 through Sunday, January 3, 2020. See the current academic calendar here. We will update when replacement dates have been accepted and finalized.
- The Oregon Employment Department is 6+ weeks behind in processing payments.
- Their letter system will automatically send everyone a letter indicating they need to serve a waiting week before receiving their first benefit payment.
- Disregard the waiting week letter! OED is unable to adjust the programming of its computer system to not send the letter.
- Eligible employees will receive six weeks of workshare payments once the Oregon Employment Department has processed the backlog of claims.
- We know many people had to postpone or cancel their vacations this summer (due to the furloughs and COVID-19). Because of that, we’ve been asked if there will be an opportunity for employees to “sell back” their unused vacation hours.
- This Fall Term the College will offer each employee an opportunity to “sell back” up to 16 hours of accrued vacation at the member’s rate of pay as outlined in Article 14.4.6 of our contract (pg 28).