Table of Contents
Don’t take down those “Fair Contract Now” signs yet!
The Bargaining Team picked up its team meetings (without administration) this Monday to work out next steps for the following outstanding terms in the approved MOA:
- Senate Bill 1049
- House Bill 2016
- Article VII – Dues and Fair Share Deductions
- Monetary compensation for Classification and Compensation Study
When management sets future bargaining meetings, we’ll post and share with General Membership.
Ems Baseball Tickets – Thursday 8/22
We are putting together a Eugene Ems night with LCCEF! $10 gets you a ticket to the game, a hotdog, a bag of chips and a drink. Game is Thursday, Aug. 22 and first pitch is at 7:05pm. It’s a lot of fun and a great way to spend a Thursday evening before your Friday off!
Tickets will be pre-purchased. If you are interested, email email@example.com or stop by LCC02/109. We will need payment for tickets no later than next Tuesday, Aug. 20th @ 1:00pm.
Future Communication from LCCEF
Since bargaining is basically done for this cycle we are going to reduce the number of these “Weekly Communications Updates”. Information important to the union will still be posted to the website at lccef.org and the website will still send out a daily digest email that includes titles and an excerpt for each new article. Of course, when something important comes up that we need to share immediately, we will still do so using email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
We know that everyone has a lot of work to do (including us) and we don’t want to add to that work unless absolutely necessary. We hope you understand and can appreciate our reasoning.
If you have a comment about this decision, feel free to share with email@example.com.
If you haven’t heard or read yet, the College will pick up our Pacific Source premiums for October since OEBB plans will not take effect until Nov. 1.
Plan to attend a drop-in informational session if you have questions about selecting a plan:
August 21: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Bldg 2, Room 211
Representatives from Moda will be available to answer your questions about the 2019-20 plan options. This is a drop-in session so please feel free to stop in at any time. (There will not be a formal presentation at this session.)
September 9: 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., Bldg 2, Room 212
Drop-In Enrollment Assistance. In this computer lab setting, Human Resources staff will be available to assist you in the online enrollment process, through MyOEBB.
ICYMI: Salary changes coming your way
When will the MOA changes hit your paycheck?
Sept. 10: Look for the 2.75 percent pay rate increase in your paycheck for payroll period Aug. 16-Aug. 31. The 2.75 percent reflects: 1.75 percent increase for move to OEBB and 1 percent increase as a cost of living adjustment.
Sept. 25: Retroactive pay for July 1 to Aug. 15 for the MOA salary schedule adjustment
Oct. 25: Look for change in insurance premium cost reflected in your paycheck.
The salary schedules are being revised and will be posted to the HR website very soon.
Look for a message from the College this week with more information.
Mark your calendars for Sept. 3 from 12:00 noon to 1:00 p.m. in Building 4, Room 106, for a general membership meeting to learn more about the proposed changes to the constitution in preparation of a vote on the first round of ballots.
The Executive Council approved three more proposals recommended by the committee at its Aug. 15 meeting and they’ll be included on a future ballot for FULL membership consideration:
- Proposal 12: Adds a second VP position for Membership and Organizing
- Proposal 14: Requires EC to provide general membership rationale for making EC decisions when there is no quorum at a general membership meeting
- Proposal 15: Adds language to clarify annual meeting date
The EC previously approved the following proposed changes for inclusion on a future ballot for FULL membership consideration:
- Proposal 1: Removes fair share language
- Proposal 2: Changes use of “policy manual” language since we could not find one. Plan is to develop an administrative manual.
- Proposal 3: Provides clarifying language to objectives of the union section.
- Proposal 4: Provides clarifying language to rules of order section.
- Proposal 5: Provides clarifying language and process to strike authorizations section.
- Proposal 6: Removes duplicate language related to officer terms.
- Proposal 7: Changes officer titles, ex: “chair” to “officer”.
- Proposal 8: Clarifies officer removal process.
- Proposal 9: Assigns membership application and withdrawal duties to membership officer/chair, rather than treasurer.
The committee continues its work proposing clarifications and revisions to the chapter’s constitution.
Stay tuned for updates on when the proposed constitutional changes will be on the ballot for full membership consideration. Please note that any and all changes to the constitution will go to the full membership for approval.
Classified Staff Spotlight
Special thanks to our Elections Committee: Don Patton, Dennis Mills and Phil Barlow Powers for their hard work to produce our notifications and ballots and for the timely tally of results. They have a busy coming few months with the proposed constitutional changes and officer elections. If you see them, please extend a thank you for their commitment and dedication to a fair voting process.
Have a classified staff member you would like to recognize? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming and Current Work.
Many hands make light work! We could REALLY use your help! To participate in any of these opportunities, or to find out more, click here.
- Bargaining – continued negotiations
- Research into e-Voting for union business
- The Constitution and ByLaws rewrite
- LCCEF Contract Committee (educate members and managers)
- Member Organizer Institute
- Officers in Training
- Worksite Leaders
- Grievance Committee