Table of Contents
- Oregon AFL-CIO & LERC Summer School
- Fridays Off!
- Bargaining – Economic Reopener
- Insurance Committee
- Take Action for Education on May 8th!
- Union Benefits – Discounts on almost everything
- Budget Committee Update
- Upcoming and Current Work.
- Useful Links
Oregon AFL-CIO & LERC Summer School
Please join us on the University of Oregon campus in Eugene for a weekend of engaging classes and that will help you develop your leadership skills and unify labor activists across generations and industries.
- Creating a Leadership Pipeline in Your Union
- Unions and Climate Change
- Building Trades Values, Battles and Community of Interests: Change and Challenges Facing Building Trades Unionization
- Unions 101
- Solidarity and LGBTQ Unionists
Summer School is open to any LCCEF member. Particularly if you are interested in kicking the tires and considering running for office in November. To sign up, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bargaining is under way. Management needs to see that we are a union and we stand together! Here are some ways…
Wear red to Spring Conference
Hang a union sign on your office window or cubicle
Put an LCCEF sticker on your note pad, or whatever you carry around
Talk to your co-workers
For Summer 2019, the College will be closed each Friday, June 28-August 30, 2019.
The Friday closure days are:
Friday, June 28
Friday, July 5
Friday, July 12
Friday, July 19
Friday, July 26
Friday, August 2
Friday, August 9
Friday, August 16
Friday, August 23
Friday, August 30
Bargaining – Economic Reopener
Details about bargaining meetings will be posted each Monday and referenced in the weekly communications update (just like this). All posts will be available through the Bargaining Committee page on the website.
Today’s post covers the meeting on April 26, 2019. Please send questions, or support, to the bargaining team. You can also use the forums to discuss bargaining, but please remember to keep it professional.
Reminder: there is a Joint Insurance Committee composed of 10 classified members and 7 managers.
With the intent of providing information and education, the OEBB subcommittee created a summary (not all inclusive) of our current PacificSource plans in comparison to the 2 most popular current Faculty OEBB plans. (Please note we used the most expensive and least expensive or our current PacificSource plans and did not include the Pacific Source 800 or 1200 deductible Smart Choice plans in this summary.) The summary can be viewed here.
*** Note there is no decision to go to OEBB. The membership will vote on insurance. This summary is for information and education purposes only. ***
We hope to have other insurance options available sometime in May.
There has been no response from management on the union’s counter proposal (Available on the Bargaining Committee page).
Take Action for Education on May 8th!
Educators across the state are coming together to advocate for students and fully funding our schools on May 8th. We’re walking out, rallying, and calling on lawmakers to INVEST in schools.
LCCEF alongside LCCEA and ASLCC are planning an event to take place at 11:45am on May 8 in Bristow Square (next to the Center Building on main campus)! More info: https://lccef.org/?p=3396 and https://www.may8forstudents.org
Union Benefits – Discounts on almost everything
Money-Saving Fun for the Whole Family
From discounted tickets on theme parks to sporting events, Union Plus offers a wide range of activities for the whole family. https://www.unionplus.org/benefits/travel-fun
Budget Committee Update
The LCCEF Budget Committee has posted the 2017 Profit and Loss Summary. To view this, and all other budget related information, please visit their page on the LCCEF website.
Upcoming and Current Work.
Many hands make light work! We could REALLY use your help! To participate in any of these opportunities, or to find out more, click here.
- Bargaining – Economic Reopener – Currently
- Research into e-Voting for union business
- The Constitution and ByLaws rewrite
- LCCEF Contract Committee (educate members and managers)
- Member Organizer Institute
- Officers in Training
- Worksite Leaders
- Grievance Committee
Our union by the numbers
- Membership: 335 full members (based on LCCEF dues files)
- Officers: 8 officer positions filled / 3 positions vacant (1 COPE Chair, 2 Member at Large)
- Labor Management: 19 active cases including 2 multiple member/group issues, 109 resolved since Jan 1, 2018, helped place 17 members in new positions.