Table of Contents
Unfortunately not an April Fools Day prank. We can’t make this stuff up.
Special Board meeting today at 4 pm – LCC19/104.
College is encouraging the board to take another vote on the Titan Store.
See more information here: https://lccef.org/2019/04/special-board-meeting-today-4pm/
Bargaining – Economic Reopener
Details about bargaining meetings will be posted each Monday and referenced in the weekly communications update (just like this). All posts will be available through the Bargaining Committee page on the website.
There was no bargaining conducted last week due to Spring Break.
Classified Staff Do Good Things!
“I want to recognize Katie Rascon who always has a great attitude. She is super helpful to all of our students who need assistance with their tuition waivers. Katie goes above and beyond to help people. Thank you Katie!”
Upcoming and Current Work.
Many hands make light work! We could REALLY use your help! To participate in any of these opportunities, or to find out more, click here.
- Bargaining -Economic Reopener – Currently
- Research into e-Voting for union business
- The Constitution and ByLaws rewrite
- LCCEF Contract Committee (educate members and managers)
- Member Organizer Institute
- Officers in Training
- Worksite Leaders
- Grievance Committee
Our union by the numbers
- Membership: 325 full members (based on LCCEF dues files)
- Officers: 8 officer positions filled / 3 positions vacant (1 COPE Chair, 2 Member at Large)
- Labor Management: 22 active cases including 2 multiple member/group issues, 88 resolved since Jan 1, 2018, helped place 17 members in new positions.