Table of Contents
- Support Food Services/CML/Titan Store
- Rumor Response
- AFT Winter School
- Union Benefits – Discounts on almost everything
- Upcoming and Current Work.
- Our union by the numbers
- LCCEF Executive Committee Meeting Notes
- Contract Information in Plain English
Support Food Services/CML/Titan Store
Thank you to everyone who submitted responses prior to the Board of Education meeting January 10, 2019. All of those responses were submitted to the Board and the majority of them were read aloud. We will open a third support form on the LCCEF website for you to share your thoughts, and ideas, or simply add your name to a list of people who support these departments in preparation of the February Board of Ed meeting. So far we have had 50 comment submissions and 71 employees who have added their names to the support list. Add your name and/or your comments here. The more facts we can provide that prove outsourcing is a bad decision the harder it is to make that decision. Read more.
Dear Friends, Some of you may have read an email from a member that questions the actions of LCCEF leadership. This is the third time in recent weeks a message was sent to members about these issues and we will address them in a separate message here.
AFT Winter School
We are sending both union officers and union members to Winter School on January 26, 2019. Thank you members for your willingness to volunteer your time and service! See more information here.
Union Benefits – Discounts on almost everything
10% Discount on Goodyear Tires and Maintenance!
Use the Union Plus Goodyear Discount Coupon at 164 W 7th Ave, Eugene, OR 97401, or any other Goodyear, for tires and services, to keep your car in good shape and save money.
- Save 10% off all Goodyear tires or 5% off sale tires at company-owned Goodyear and Just Tires.
- Save 5% off sale tires at company-owned Goodyear and Just Tires.
- Save 10% off car service, including auto maintenance, auto parts, or 5% off preventative maintenance.
Many Goodyear tires are made by members of the United Steelworkers of America (USW) and the United Food and Commercial Workers (UFCW), so you can support you fellow labor union members and service your car at the same time.
Upcoming and Current Work.
Many hands make light work! We could REALLY use your help! To participate in any of these opportunities, or to find out more, click here.
- Bargaining in Spring 2019
- The Constitution and ByLaws rewrite
- LCCEF Contract Committee (educate members and managers)
- Member Organizer Institute
- Officers in Training
- Worksite Leaders
- Grievance council
Our union by the numbers
- Membership: 345 full members
- Officers: 8 officer positions filled / 1 position vacant (COPE Chair)
- Labor Management: 36 active cases including 5 multiple member/group issues. 61 resolved since Jan 1, 2018
- Currently 1 formal complaint and 1 grievance.
- Helped place 13 members in new positions with 1 more in process.
LCCEF Executive Committee Meeting Notes
A summary of Executive Committee meetings is posted to the LCCEF.org website as soon after the meetings as we can get them there. To view them all, just click here. In the future, you can always use the “Union News By Category” pull-down menu on the right hand side of the website and pick the “Executive Committee” option.
Contract Information in Plain English
Appendix H: College Paid/Provided Cell Phone Use by Classified Employees
Classified employees who are assigned by their responsible manager to carry and use a cell phone during assigned work hours for college business purposes would have two options:
(1) These classified employees could elect to receive a college issued cell phone through their respective departments and these employees would be required to sign an agreement acknowledging that this college-issued cell phone shall be used for college business only. This option would also require routine and regular monitoring that the college-issued cell phone is maintained and used for college business only; or
(2) The employee assigned by the responsible supervisor to be available during the work day via cell phone could elect to carry their own personal cell phone and use their personal cell phone for college business. These employees would receive a $30.00/month stipend to be added to gross payroll and subject to normal taxes. An employee’s manager may request a higher stipend if that manager can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the Chief Finance Officer, that the employee’s use requires an increased allowance.
Rather not use your own cell phone for Lane business? If you are required to have a cell phone for college business during assigned work hours, Lane must either provide you with a cell phone, or pay you $30/month to help offset the use of your personal cell phone. Why would you want to have a Lane-owned phone? Perhaps your personal cell phone has a limited number of minutes, or you simply want to keep your work and personal phones separate.
If you have any questions about if you should be provided with a cell phone, or paid the stipend, please contact your office of choice.